AminoWise by Young Living
AminoWise contains the BCAAs in their optimal ratio, and also includes glutamine, beta-alanine, essential oils and other nutrients to support recovery. This amino acid formula is one of a kind!
Wholesale member price is $33.75. Wholesale members also get access to Essential Rewards, and those who enroll through my wife and I get additional benefits.
Why order through you?
When you use the button above, you’ll have two options for ordering. You can order as a retail customer, and pay full-price. Or, you can set up a wholesale membership and get a significant discount on all Young Living products, as well as additional benefits my wife and I provide.
To qualify as a Wholesale Member, you’ll need to start with a Starter Kit. We recommend the Premium Starter Kit with the Dew Drop Diffuser. You do not need to order every month to maintain a wholesale membership. You just need to order at least 100 PV in products on an annual basis.
That said, if you become a wholesale member using the button above, you’ll also get:
- Significant discounts off retail on all Young Living products
- Access to Young Living’s Essential Rewards program, where you accrue points that can be used to purchase more products, which increases your “discount” as a member
- The opportunity to sign up a friend and earn referral income for doing so
- Access to Young Living farms to see for yourself why Young Living stands apart in the world of essential oils
- A copy of our favorite reference book to help guide you in using Young Living products
- Access to our Healthy Living With Essential Oils community, a treasure trove of education and insights from tens of thousands of Young Living members. You can also take part in monthly and other giveaways to win more free products.
- Access to Young Living’s International Grand Convention, and our annual HLWEO community event, Boots & Barbecue
AminoWise Health Benefits
It’s no surprise, then, that I’m a fan of AminoWise for most people. The health benefits of AminoWise include:
- Helps support muscles during and after exercise to help fight fatigue and enhance recovery.*
- Decreases fatigue and enhances muscle recovery during and after exercise*
- Reduces lactic acid induced by exercise through complex blend of antioxidants and minerals*
- Helps support the production of nitric oxide which can improve vascular blood flow*
- Contains branched chain amino acids which have been shown to stimulate protein synthesis, and aid in preventing muscle breakdown*
- Supports hydration by replenishing important minerals lost during exercise*
- Provides a good source of vitamin E and zinc
AminoWise contains the branched-chain amino acids (2:1:1 leucine, iso-leucine, valine), l-citrulline, l-glutamine, ß-alanine, l-arginine, and l-taurine. Together, they support the maintenance and development of lean body mass and may enhance exercise performance.* The amino acids also support lean body mass and optimal health while aging, a time when muscle tissue loss is common.*
NingXia wolfberry, polyphenol extract, zinc, vitamin E, and lemon and lime essential oils provide a good source of antioxidants, while sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium support optimal hydration.*
It’s naturally sweetened with stevia, and fructo-oligosaccharides, a prebiotic fiber which may support healthy digestive function.*
AminoWise tastes surprisingly delicious, especially for a naturally-sweetened and flavored amino acid supplement and mixes easily with water.
AminoWise Ingredients, Supplement Facts, and Suggested Use
|Amount Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Carbohydrates||5 g||2%*|
|Vitamin E (as d-alpha-tocopherol acetate)||10.8 mg||70%|
|Calcium (as calcium citrate)||3 mg||<1%|
|Magnesium (as magnesium citrate)||2 mg||<1%|
|Zinc (as zinc gluconate)||1.4 mg||10%|
|Sodium (as sodium citrate)||46 mg||2%|
|Potassium (as potassium citrate)||12 mg||<1%|
AminoWise™ Muscle Performance Blend 5.7 g**
Branched Chain Amino Acids (2:1:1 leucine, iso-leucine, valine), l-citrulline, l-glutamine, ß-alanine, l-arginine, l-taurine
AminoWise™ Recovery Blend 1.2 g**
NingXia wolfberry (Lycium barbarum) fruit powder, Lime (Citrus latifolia) fruit powder, Polyphenols extract, Zinc, Vitamin E, Lemon (Citrus limon) peel oil, Lime (Citrus latifolia) rind oil
AminoWise™ Hydration Blend 277 mg**
Sodium citrate, Potassium citrate, Calcium Citrate, Magnesium citrate
*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
**Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Fructo-oligosaccharides, Tapioca maltodextrin, Citric acid, Natural flavors, Calcium silicate, Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana) leaf extract, Silica, Tapioca starch
Mix 1 scoop with 8 ounces of water following exercise, or between meals during the day.
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (12 g)
Servings Per Container: About 18
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are common questions about using AminoWise. The answers are based on my knowledge of, and experience with formulating and educating on nutritional products. They don’t necessarily reflect the perpective of Young Living.
Should I take AminoWise before or during exercise?
In my opinion, for most people, it’s best to avoid any macronutrients (protein, carbs, fat, amino acids, etc.) before or during exercise.
The only time I recommend using AminoWise before or during training is if:
- you’re a physique competitor/bodybuilder in the last several weeks leading up to a show.
- you’re an older adult with sarcopenia.
- you have a wasting disease, as essential amino acids help the body maintain lean body mass.*
- you’re competing in an intense strength or endurance event.
One caveat for using AminoWise during competition…it does contain prebiotics. You might want to test it out before your big event, just to make sure you don’t get gassy. The gas might be a competitive advantage for you against your competitors, but it also might make your stomach a little uncomfortalbe. That said, most people won’t react that way.
If amino acids enhance performance, why wouldn’t I use AminoWise before or during every workout?
The benefit of a good workout program comes from how your body adapts after your session, not necessarily from the session itself.
It’s my belief that when you create a greater training stress during your session, you can reap greater rewards from the session in how your body responds afterwards.
Does AminoWise have enough electrolytes for endurance training in the heat?
No, I would still recommend additional electrolytes to replenish those lost during your event, even if you use two or three servings of AminoWise as well.
When is the best time to use AminoWise?
For the average, healthy person, one or two servings after a training session is a great time to use AminoWise.
Between meals is also a great time, especially for those who are more likely to lose lean body mass, such as those on a weight loss diet, older adults, or those with a higher rate of muscle loss.*
Who benefits most from AminoWise?
Essential amino acids are most valuable for those who:
- are trying to reach single-digit body fat percentages.
- are on very-low calorie diets.
- are older adults who have difficulty following a high-protein diet or who have sarcopenia or cachexia.
- have a hard time eating enough protein, either due to unpredictable schedules or because of dietary preferences such as those on vegan or vegetarian diets.
- are under a higher-than-normal level of stress.
- are on a higher-volume training plan, such as two-a-days for football season.
Can children or teens use AminoWise?
Essential amino acids are safe. In fact, they may be helpful for kids who are fussy eaters, or who don’t get in enough protein, especially if they take part in school sports.*