Thorne Magnesium Bisglycinate
Thorne Magnesium Bisglycinate is a lightly-sweetened magnesium powder, guaranteed to be free of banned substances by NSF For Sport®. Magnesium bisglycinate is the best-absorbed form of magnesium available on the market.
Special client/member pricing will be displayed after logging in and adding to your cart.
Why should I order through your Wellevate dispensary?
When you use the button above, you’re able to order through my practitioner account. Doing so gives you:
- Exclususive VIP/client/member pricing
- A “welcome” protocol…my Foundational Five to help you get started with the most essential supplements for general health and fitness
- The ability for me to send you personalized product recommendations
- Free shipping on orders over $49
- Access to more than 300 brands of natural products, including most of the healthcare practitioner brands
To order this product, click the button and set up your account (or login to an account you already have). Then, type the product into the search and you’ll find it.
The Importance of Magnesium
Magnesium deficiency is one of the most common micronutrient deficiencies. Magnesium plays a role in more than 600 enzymatic reactions. The following are just some of the health benefits of magnesium:
- Is necessary for proper cardiovascular function*
- Supports normal inflammation levels*
- Supports normal blood pressure*
- Helps maintain normal blood sugar levels*
- Plays a role in energy production, assisting with the extraction of energy from food*
- Supports the proper utilization of amino acids, fat, or carbohydrates*
- Aids in the creation of adenosine triphosphate (ATP)*
- Is necessary for nerve impulse conduction*
- Is required for the utilization of other micronutrients, such as B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, and vitamin E*
- Is necessary for muscle contraction as well as muscle relaxation*
- Supports bone health, along with calcium and vitamin D and vitamin K*
- Supports serotonin production*
- Is necessary for muscle contraction*
- Controls synaptic plasticity, which affects learning and memory*
- Calms the mind and helps support restful sleep*
Why Magnesium Bisglycinate?
Magnesium bisglycinate (also labeled as magnesium glycinate) is a patented form of chelated magnesium from Albion®, which has proven to be the best-absorbed form of magnesium.
Quality and Purity
Thorne Magnesium Bisglycinate is NSF For Sport® certified, guaranteeing it is free of any banned substances. In addition, it follows Thorne’s rigorous production standards. The formula is lightly sweetened with monk fruit and has a slight citrus flavor.
Supplement Facts and Suggested Use
Servings Size: One Scoop (3.95 g)
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving||% DV|
|Magnesium (as TRAACS® Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate Taste Free)||200 mg||48%|
|Daily Value (DV)|
Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Monk Fruit concentrate (fruit) (Siraitia grosvenorii).
Mix one level scoop (4 g) with 8 ounces of water one to two times daily or as recommended by your health professional.
Servings per container: 60
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the most common questions I get from members of my online fitness training program, Facebook group members, or blog readers. These are my answers and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Thorne.
How much magnesium should I take each day?
For most active people and athletes, one to two servings should be enough each day. However, for those who are very low in magnesium levels, it may require more initially, to bring levels back up to normal. If you notice loose stool, cut back a bit on your daily intake.
Is it better to take it all at once, or spread it out over the day?
Start with one serving at or after dinner. To add another, take it with or after your first meal of the day. Need another? Take that one with dinner again. By spreading out your magnesium intake, it’s less likely to cause a stool-softening effect. Also, magnesium bisglycinate is less likely than other magnesiums to cause this.